Legal Agreement: Terms of Service
Membership Agreement This Membership Agreement (the Agreement) commencing on the date on which it is accepted, by and between Downtown Renaissance LC owner of the property “The Offices” located at 31 N Federal St, Harrisonburg, Virginia 22802, and "the Member". By signing the Membership Agreement, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this Membership Agreement and the rules and procedures outlined on The Offices website and hereinafter referred to as the “Agreement”. The terms, conditions and procedures of use are subject to change without notice, Members are responsible to review and stay current with any changes.
1. Nature of the Service The Offices are professional co-working and meeting spaces, reservable on a first come first serve basis, with a social network facilitating the exchange of professional information between people for those Members who wish to participate. The Offices provides to its members benefits such as but not exclusive to: office and workspace, the use of any tools and technology provided by The Offices, invitation and access to exclusive networking events, reservable on-site parking on a first come first serve basis at additional fees, and personal advertising among other Members. The Offices is a community of business professionals. Memberships will be approved or denied at the sole discretion of the Offices without reason or cause.
2. User Registration and Information Member shall fill in all information requested in the User Registration form on the site. Member shall be required to promptly update the User Information on the site. Member shall select a username and password during the User Registration process. Member shall be responsible for: a) all uses of the Website made by the Member’s username and password, and b) maintaining the confidentiality of the Member’s username and password. Member authorizes The Offices to collect payment in the forms of (but not limited to) membership fees, annual fees, and reservation fees, etc., via their Website account.
5. Privacy The Offices shall not sell or rent Members personal information to third parties without Members explicit consent. Members agree to not share any information regarding other members in the network without the other member’s consent.
6. Indemnity Member shall indemnify and hold The Offices (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, and employees) harmless from any claim or demand, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees, due to or arising out of Members or their guests' use of The Offices. Members are responsible for any damage or loss to The Offices, caused by them or their guests.
7. No Agency No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
8. Cancellations & Terminating Membership When Member cancels prior to twelve (12) hours of their reservation, they will be credited the cost of the reservation to their site account. If Member fails to terminate prior to 12 hours prior to their reservation Member will be billed for the reservation. Member may choose to terminate their membership with The Offices’ at any time, their membership fee will be prorated for that month as of the day of cancellation and their content shall be no longer available or visible to other visitors on The Offices’ Website. The Offices’ reserves the right to terminate Member’s membership at The Offices at its sole discretion with or without notice or cause. When Member or The Offices chooses to terminate the membership, they are financially responsible for the prorated amount of that month’s membership payment and any unpaid fees from prior use.
9. Governing Law This Agreement shall be construed under and governed in accordance with the laws of Virginia.
10. Limitation of Liability Member shall not hold The Offices responsible for other user Members’ content, actions, or inactions. Member shall not hold The Offices responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged property. The Offices shall not be held liable by the Member for any harm, discord, or damages resulting from misuse of the space, site, by the Member or any other Member or their guests or employees of the Offices. The Member acknowledges that they are responsible for the safety and well-being of themselves, and their guests. If a member engages in any of the activities associated with The Offices they have a duty to NOT participates if they are not qualified to do so and assume all liability for harm or damage to themselves, others or their guest resulting from their decision to engage in the activities, regardless if they are qualified to participate or not. Activities offered at the Offices for their Members can be dangerous and require skills to participate safely and if they choose to participate, they do so assuming that the Member will be responsible for all outcomes associated with their choice to participate and their actions associated therewith and will hold The Offices harmless for the resulting damage or harm to anyone.
11. Member Conduct and Dress Code Members agree to always conduct themselves professionally while using The Offices. Members will be respectful of other Members using The Offices and their confidentiality and will not interrupt others using the spaces unless invited to do so. Member will always dress appropriately at a minimum, business casual, Member guests are not held to the dress code. Member is responsible for maintaining the professional conduct of their quests while using The Offices.
12. Fees All fees will be invoiced at the current fee schedule as posted on The Offices Website and billed to the Member at their Membership level rates agreed to below. All Membership fees are subject to change with or without notice to the Member, Members have the right to cancel at any time as outlined above. All fees will be posted on the Website at the time of reservation. I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood all of the terms and conditions contained in the Agreement and further agree to be bound to the Agreement regarding my participation in and use of the Services.